Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The restaurant (specialized in Penang hawker-style food) is located opposite Starbucks at Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara

Trishaw ride, anyone?

I experienced in Malacca once and it started pouring rain when we were on a trishaw ride! Imagine us without extra clothes (a day trip). LOL.

Iced white coffee, my all time favourite.

Ice kacang. Not much of gula melaka (palm sugar) syrup added.

Char Kway Teow (Fried flat rice noodles).

Prawn Mee. I am a big fan of it. Salivating? But in Penang, Prawn Mee is called as Hokkien Mee. I'm not sure why.

There is no denying that Penang is a food heaven. I remember when I was there for my holiday, I spent most of my time eating!

Rozella said... @ 28/5/08 10:31 AM

Girl, it seems like all you do is just eat lah! Hehehe All your post about food only this. :P But yeah, you are right. Penang food is so sedap gila!

Monica said... @ 28/5/08 2:37 PM

Rozella,
hahaha...yeah, I eat a lot! :-D

Faizal said... @ 28/5/08 2:54 PM

Hi Monica. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Those food looks damn delicious.

LOL.

Monica said... @ 28/5/08 4:59 PM

Faizal,
Hi!!! Yes, very yummy :-D

molly said... @ 28/5/08 11:17 PM

Hi Monica, I love to eat ice-kacang. There was one at Subang Giant Hypermarket selling ice-kacang and cendol, the real Penang style, now somebody else has taken over.
Hey, the prawn mee looks really nice ya. I used to drop by the stall behind Jalan Campbell, the famous prawn mee(mee-yoke, she named it), that was also very nice,now the stall owner has passed away.

Monica said... @ 29/5/08 12:21 AM

Molly,
Where has all the great food gone?

Nick Phillips said... @ 29/5/08 11:18 AM

*Note to self: remember not to visit Monica's blog when hungry! LOL!

I echo Rozella, you eat quite a bit ... hehehe ...

Well, I'd have to agree cos I've actually been to Penang a few times for work and everytime we were there, we'd always end up eating ourselves silly ... LOL!

Ratu Syura said... @ 29/5/08 2:10 PM

Gosh, I've heard so much about Penang food but I've never gone there to explore and go for a real gastronomical adventure. The last time I was there, we didn't have much time to go around eating. I was even supposed to go with a bunch of friends to Penang last week but that was canceled.. :( I'm still working on going there for the food.. *crossing my fingers*

Monica said... @ 29/5/08 3:01 PM

Nick,
hahaha...is NOT all about food here. Btw, are you still on a diet?

Ratu Syura,
Hi! Welcome to my simple blog! I guess you are a food lover too. Hope you'll enjoy your trip and also the food if you're going there ;-)

Nessa said... @ 30/5/08 6:03 PM

Hi Monica! First time here :) As I was browsing through your posts, I was instantly attracted to the food pics! Yummy :) Now, I'm hungry!

I haven't been to Penang, and it's my dream to visit this beautiful island one day :)

Monica said... @ 30/5/08 7:34 PM

Nessa,
Hi!!! Thanks for dropping by ;-)
Oh, another food lover! I'm sure one day you'll have a chance to visit Penang!

LadyJava said... @ 19/9/10 9:52 PM

oh wow.. yummy Mon!!

LadyJava said... @ 19/9/10 9:52 PM

salivating also.. lol!!!

Bella Enveeus said... @ 19/9/10 10:09 PM

Ahhh Yum Yum.. Nice la Mon.. Love the photos.. Nowadays whenever I eat outside, I snap2 here, snap2 there.. Ppl think I crazy.. Make food like model.. HAHAHA :-D :-D :-D