Friday, August 08, 2008

Surely, there will be a huge numbers of Chinese are getting married today since eight is a very lucky number to the Chinese culture. For some people, like one of my friends for instance, he will pay exorbitant fees to have eights in his phone numbers and car license plates. He even bought eight stalks of bamboo and placed it at home as he believes very strongly in the good fortune certain numbers can bring. The more eights, the luckier! The number to avoid? Four.

The Olympics also set to begin in this century's eighth year, on the eighth day of the eighth month at eight minutes after eight. However, Numerologist Swetta Jhumani says, "Most of the earthquakes in China have happened on the 8th. Even though, they are organizing the biggest sporting extravaganza in the world on 08.08.2008."

I don't really believe certain numbers bring good luck. What about you? If you have to choose something to do with numbers, what will that be?

Tonight, I am invited to attend a new restaurant's opening ceremony and it'll start at....... 8p.m!

molly said... @ 8/8/08 8:44 PM

Monica - Hope 08.08.08 bring you happiness and prosperity too! :):):)

Ratu Syura said... @ 9/8/08 1:44 AM

woww.. everything also 8! well i dont really think much about it.. everyday's the same to me.. i don't think friday the 13th brings bad luck either. whatever it is, hopefully this day bears prosperity to you and your family! :)

foongpc said... @ 10/8/08 1:49 AM

We Chinese are obsessed with the number 8. But according to feng shui experts and astrologists, the number 8 is not any luckier than all other numbers, even number 4. Well, anyway, I also like number 8. lol. In ten days time, we'll reach 20th August which is matching cos it's 20082008.

Rozella said... @ 10/8/08 8:16 AM

So many people did khawin on that day! Not funny, hehehe all the ang pow making everyone pokai. :P

Jacky Chung said... @ 10/8/08 1:26 PM

Haaaaa! May be lotery company also busy sellign tickets on that day.

LindaLow said... @ 10/8/08 4:43 PM

I thought this is the ghost mth. People still get married? :) Many avoided no.4 but my hubby loves it. 4 is his lucky number.. My previous hse no.40 and my current house no.4...He purposely choose the 2nd unit from the developer plan hoping to get no.4..:)

Lianny said... @ 10/8/08 5:18 PM

It sounds good too me!
My hubby and family also do believe 8 brings good luck.
But if there is any major events to be held in our house hold, we will do get advise from the temple to pick a good date.

Lianny said... @ 10/8/08 5:18 PM

It sounds good too me!
My hubby and family also do believe 8 brings good luck.

Monica said... @ 10/8/08 11:12 PM

Molly,
Thanks dear! Same to you too ;-)

Ratu Syura,
Thank you so much :-) I hope it brings happiness and prosperity to you and your family too...

Foongpc,
Hello, thanks for dropping by... wow 20082008..nice number, huh..LOL

Monica said... @ 10/8/08 11:21 PM

Rozella,
hahaha...true!

Jacky,
oh yes...:-D

Linda,
wow...your hubby is the different one! ;-)

Lianny,
wah, must get advise from the temple, huh?

cc said... @ 11/8/08 7:03 AM

Not only Chinese, even some other ethnic groups find the number 8 to be auspicious!