Wednesday, September 17, 2008

#1

Last Friday, our friend, Abeer a.k.a Lili from Egypt invited us out, as she would like us to join her for sahur (the meal consumed early in the morning by Muslims before fasting). Her nephew, Asim suggested going to Jalan Damai, Off Jalan Ampang and he brought us there. There's a restaurant serves a variety of popular Lebanese dishes called Al-Rawsha Restaurant.

#2 The moment we reached there, Ralph bumped into one of his students.

#3 Cash from Libya, Ralph and Asim.

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8 Raspberry and strawberry Barbican (non-alcohol drink originated from Middle Eastern). I love it!

#9 Asim and Lili.

#10 We ordered two plates of lahm meshwi (cubes of grilled lamb kebabs) and shish tawouq (marinated grilled chicken on skewers). I love the grilled lamb kebabs, very tender and delicious!!!

#11 Lebanese bread.

#12 Salad.

#13 Sayyadiya (delicately spiced fish served on a bed of rice).

#14

#15 Mandy lamb.

#16 The yoghurt cucumber salad was quite bland.

#17

#18

#19 They were preparing grape flavored shisha.

#20

#21

#22

#23 Turkish/Arabic coffee, served with dates to counter the drink's bitter taste. *sip slowly* yikes! Oh NO! I don't like it and I don't like the strong taste of cardamom!

I'll end this post with these pictures of Lili trying to make fun of Asim with Tabasco sauce. *LOL*

#24

#25

#26

To all my Muslim friends and readers, Happy Fasting!

cc said... @ 17/9/08 12:59 AM

The Sayyadiya looks delicious!! I can almost smell the aroma here. Love fish! :D

Faizal said... @ 17/9/08 5:59 AM

great, you got friend from Egypt. So how its feel to have sahur?

U.Lee said... @ 17/9/08 6:34 AM

Hi Monica, wow! Love that place and the food? Absolutely fabulous!
Must go there on our next trip balek kampong, ha ha.
Have a nice day, Lee.

foongpc said... @ 17/9/08 11:32 AM

The food looks good! Have you been to Tarbush in Starhill? It's quite a nice place with good Lebanese food.

Mariuca said... @ 18/9/08 1:23 AM

Wow, thanks for this very interesting restaurant review Monica! The food looks absolutely delish and ur friends look like they really enjoyed themselves! :):):)

Mariuca said... @ 18/9/08 1:23 AM

Oh I saw ur comment just came in for me, what a coincidence I'm at ur blog right now! ;)

Monica said... @ 18/9/08 2:09 AM

CC,
wow...you could smell? ;-)

Faizal,
I felt good. But, a bit sleepy :-D

U.Lee,
yeah, you must go try there. so when are you coming back? hehe...

Foongpc,
oh they always hang out at Tarbush. I've never been there yet but I'd love to check it out one day!

Mariuca,
The food was not bad indeed ;-) and my friends, they are very funny! hahaha..
oh yes, what a coincidence my dear!!

Ratu Syura said... @ 18/9/08 11:31 PM

woww.. the portions are pretty big ya.. looks good... btw, i've missed your blog! im back noww!! hehehe..

Monica said... @ 19/9/08 2:10 AM

Ratu Syura,
Hey dear, you're back! Yay!!
yes, the portions are very, very BIG.. LOL

Bombchell said... @ 19/9/08 6:05 AM

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. i still havent been to a shisha bar & there's one right near me.

Shemah said... @ 30/3/11 2:22 AM

The food looks pretty good, Mon! :) If I see any of their outlets closer around the area where I'm staying (which I hope they do) then I'll definitely give it a try. 'coz I don't know when I'll be able to persuade J to go downtown just to try a new resto. LOL! :D But thanks for the heads up.. now I know where to find Lebanese food! Yay!! :)

:( Now i'm going to bed hungrehhhhh.. hahahahhaaha .. Good night mon!! :)