Monday, December 29, 2008

Ralph and I attended my BFF, Cynthia's wedding dinner in One World Hotel last night. It was a wonderful wedding dinner (will post the pictures once I got it from her photographer). Anyway, we went to GSC One Utama as we were in the mood for movies after dinner and he chose to watch the latest movie, which was released on Christmas day -

The Spirit.

Directed and written by comic book deity Frank Miller.

Unfortunately, this has to be the worst movie of the year! I'm sorry to say that the movie was horrible.

Not even 1 hour, half of the moviegoers walked out of the cinema and I almost wanted to throw rotten tomatoes my popcorn to the screen!
Oh my I just couldn't stop yawning. Ended up I felt asleep. Obviously, we too left the cinema halfway through. We don't even want to know or care how it ends. Seriously, this is the worst movie I've ever seen in 2008.

Watch it if you are a big fan of movie which is based on graphic novel. It might be right up your alley. But I warned you! Oh, keep your kids away from this movie too because it was rated PG-13 by the MPAA for "intense sequences of stylized violence and action, some sexual content, and brief nudity".

xin said... @ 29/12/08 6:26 PM

aw. it must be v horrible. i have heard about ppl walking out from cinema watching a movie, crap, i forgot about the title but it is about terrorist att or something

foongpc said... @ 29/12/08 11:42 PM

Wow! It really must be the worst movie since so many walked out halfway and you slept!! I have slept in cinemas before but it's usually because I was so tired and the movie was only so so. Imagine how many RM11 I wasted! Well, thanks for posting this - I will not ever watch this movie!! Don't want to waste another RM11! : )

Hi! I'm Grace said... @ 29/12/08 11:43 PM

I had that same feeling, too. We came out from the movie house wishing we were not there. It was a waste of money, too.
Have a happy new year, dear. :)

LadyJava said... @ 29/12/08 11:58 PM

Wah that bad eh... thanks for the head up dearie! If I can sleep while watching Star Wars.. i think this one will make me snore..lol!

william said... @ 30/12/08 12:03 AM

I've watched it. no doubt many walked out of Cinema 3 (relatively large cinema) in GSC 1 Utama. It's a movie in which you need to decipher what the hidden humour is behind it.

Hard to digest for myself. My friend watched with me. He could digest a part of the movie.

Cashmere said... @ 30/12/08 6:11 AM

Haha! It must be super duper boring.. I have never slept in the cinema.. I have watched bad movies but I never leave the theatre.. The show must be bad.. I have never even heard of it.. ;P

peteformation said... @ 30/12/08 10:47 AM

Ha Ha, sleep huh, must be a terrible movie! LOL

LadyJava said... @ 30/12/08 12:58 PM

Look who's peeking out today from the EC widget??!! hehe

Have a great Tuesday Monica!!

Mariuca said... @ 30/12/08 9:54 PM

That's terrible Monica! It must've been really boring till u cannot tahan oredi eh? Thanks for the heads up, must not watch this one! ;)

Mariuca said... @ 30/12/08 9:54 PM

Have a good Tuesday, I'm dropping EC very late today! :)

Life Ramblings said... @ 30/12/08 10:41 PM

that's terrible. I'll definitely not watch this movie.

btw, Please collect your awards here.

Monica said... @ 31/12/08 12:24 AM

Xin,
hehe! I've never seen so many people walked out on a movie :-D

Foong,
yeah seriously don't waste your money on 'The Spirit'!

Hi! I'm Grace,
you too?!! LOL!
Happy New Year to you too sweetie ;-)

LJ,
LOL! Star Wars definitely puts me to sleep..:-D
Thanks for advertising on my site dear!

Monica said... @ 31/12/08 12:24 AM

William,
probably becos of I'm not a die-hard comic fanatic; hence I don't enjoy the movie with unfunny jokes ;-)

Cashmere,
In fact this is the first time I slept in the cinema..LOL!

Pete,
yesssssssssss!

Mariuca,
ya la hun I really cannot tahan this kinda movie! I don't think you'll like it either :-D

Life Ramblings,
Thank you! I'll go collect it later ;-)

Uncle Lee said... @ 31/12/08 2:10 AM

Hi Monica, you not the only one who falls asleep in cinemas, ha ha. Me too....
Wishing you and all at home the best of Seasons greetings and a happy new year, best regards, Lee.

Nick Phillips said... @ 31/12/08 12:18 PM

Thanks for the tip. I wanted to watch that movie now I'll just give it a pass ...