Monday, December 08, 2008

We woke up at 12 noon to a really hot, sunny day! What could be better than a dip in the pool and fun in the sun? Oh no! I'm not loving it. But, we had already promised to Lili to swim with her at Aseania Resort, the resort where she stayed. Also known as Langkawi’s Pink Palace, Aseania has the country's longest swimming pool at 154.4 metres long. That's the best feature of the hotel, I guess.

"oh gosh! I'm not going to burn myself under the sun!"

Hence, I had no choice but to dip myself into the pool.

Abdullah, Ralph, Asim, Salleh.

Pool slides and lazy river, surrounded by lush tropical greenery.

Pool bar area.

Lili and I.

Yah-KOOT-zee.

I wanted to play the water slide with them, but I don't know how to swim and Ralph kept telling me how deep the water was at that point! He knows I'm afraid of deep water.

Still and all, he let me achieve the thrill factor I wanted and I knew he would save me, no matter what.

Aaaarrrhhhhgggg.....!!!!! Woo-hoo! We enjoyed racing down the slide and splashing into the water!

Obviously, I drank a lot of chlorinated water. I struggled so hard to keep my head above the water. Ralph who had already stood by there used every ounce of his strength, grabbed me from the water and pulled me to the surface. I got the attention of a lifeguard and he was ready to jump into the pool.

They were all laughing. Go imagine my stupid movement in the water!

I'll end this post with a few pictures of parasailing in Pantai Cenang (Cenang Beach) late in the evening. What an awesome memories of flying over that beautiful blue water, I assumed.

Grandy said... @ 9/12/08 2:00 AM

What a great time!!! :)

bluecrystaldude said... @ 9/12/08 3:52 AM

The hotel's pool is so huge! Oh and I love the smiley parasail! LOL

Mariuca said... @ 9/12/08 4:01 AM

Me too Mon, I love the parasailing pics! Sounds like a whole bunch of fun sweetie...hey, I see u at my site now!! ;)

Mariuca said... @ 9/12/08 4:03 AM

It's my turn to feel lousy now, am down with a flu huhhuhu! Slept earlier and I just got up. :):):)

hyperX said... @ 9/12/08 4:04 AM

Nice resort. I think you stayed in the same resort my sister went for company trip. I gonna try it myself soon. ^^ nice photos!

Uncle Lee said... @ 9/12/08 4:34 AM

Hi Monica, wow! Beautiful pics of sun, cool waters and swimming.
And its snowing here right now.
Temp was -14'c this morning, rather chilly.
We had a dinner party Saturday and it snowed like crazy could hardly see the roads, and now see your pics, oh boy, wish I was there, ha ha.
Have a great time Monica, best regards, Lee.

LadyJava said... @ 9/12/08 8:14 AM

Wowee.. you went para-sailing!! Awesome.. always wanted to do that but never had a chance... I heard scary stories about it too when I wanted to try it out in Bali..

Must have been quite an experience!!! Ahh to be young again..heheh

Gallivanter said... @ 9/12/08 9:30 AM

Man, I miss Langkawi!

Shinade said... @ 9/12/08 10:22 AM

Wow Monica this looks like a blast!! I am so glad you had so much fun and took all of these great pictures!!:-)

xin said... @ 9/12/08 11:45 AM

it looks like u really had a great time there.and yeah it sucks for not being able to swim...

Monica said... @ 9/12/08 7:00 PM

Grandy,
yes, indeed! ;-)

Bluecrystaldude,
claimed to be the biggest pool in M'sia! hehe..the giant smiley face looks cute huh..

Mariuca,
oh dear, you're sick, huh?! Rest more hun...I'm coming right after this!

Monica said... @ 9/12/08 7:00 PM

hyperX,
I've stayed there once. the pool is fantastic but not the rooms; they need some serious maintenance. ;-)

U.Lee,
wow! -14'c? I love it..LOL! I hope you enjoyed the party too :-) Take care!

LadyJava,
hello! nice to see you here today ;-) I didn't go parasailing coz there were a whole lot of people waiting for their turn :-D
oh yes, some factors can make parasailing very dangerous.

Monica said... @ 9/12/08 7:00 PM

Gallivanter,
hey! Happy birthday in advance ;-)

Shinade,
but not all pictures turned out great like yours :-D

Xin,
yeah, it sure sucks for not being able to do what I want ;-)

Mariuca said... @ 10/12/08 2:15 AM

Hi Mon, thanks for checking in on me today, love ya! :):):)

lala said... @ 10/12/08 2:22 AM

LOL...looks like you guys had a great time! I love the parachutes and especially the last sunset photo! Awesome!

Mizé said... @ 10/12/08 6:04 AM

Hi Monica.
It looks you had a great time, except for the water you swalowed, lol.
Here it´s winter, ohhh how I wish it was hot here too.
Cheers.

iceah said... @ 10/12/08 7:54 AM

i love looking and swimming in beaches and pools c: it's so relaxing c:

khengsiong said... @ 10/12/08 9:39 AM

How much was one night at the hotel?

Avatar said... @ 10/12/08 11:12 AM

Hmm... been in Malaysia for about 18 years, I never been to Langkawi, lol. I shall be looking forward to visit it soon. The photos looks interesting. Nice blog. :)

Ori said... @ 10/12/08 1:18 PM

On the pics of the pool the sun looks so torrid!! what was the time?

Mariuca said... @ 10/12/08 5:01 PM

Hi dear, quick drop and run! B is on leave today, so going out for a late lunch early dinner soon YAY!

foongpc said... @ 10/12/08 8:58 PM

I don't know how to swim too! Tried to learn last time when I was small but had a bad experience that caused me to have a phobia of deep water. So we can't go for a holiday by the sea together cos there'll be no one to save us!! LOL.

Oh, the smiley face on the parasail is cute! Did you go parasail or you just captured others doing the parasailing? In any case, the photos of the Cenang Beach are awesome! : )

Monica said... @ 10/12/08 10:53 PM

Mariuca,
hey dear, are you getting better? enjoy your day with B ya..;-)

Lala,
oh yes, we had a great time at the pool :-D

Mizé,
Hello! LOL! in fact, I tried to avoid getting water or someone's pee in my mouth..
As for me, I sure wish we had some snow here :-D

Iceah,
same here! but not in a hot, sunny day ;-)

Monica said... @ 10/12/08 10:53 PM

Khengsiong,
RM 220 per night.

Avatar,
Thanks! ;-)
you can go here & have lots of fun!
It's one of the most ideal places to unwind in peace..

Ori,
1pm to 3pm! LOL!

Foong,
I don't know how to swim but I love swimming..*ironic* yeah we can't swim together! LOL!!
I did not go parasailing coz there were a whole lot of people waiting for their turn :-D