Thursday, March 31, 2011

Point-and-shoot cameras are so convenient and they take great pictures too. So why would I upgrade to a DSLR camera?

The double clicking sound made by DSLR cameras as I press the shutter button is really satisfying! I'm a photo enthusiast and it's important for me to preserve my memories in forms of pictures. I get frustrated with bad pictures and memories that were lost forever. I get tired of thinking “I wish that image was better” or “I wish it was not as blurry”. I also get frustrated with my point-and-shoot’s slow responsiveness in taking action shots and it does not have good capabilities for night photography.

DSLR cameras offer many extra features that simply aren’t available on a standard digital point-and-shoot camera. Due to the smaller size of the camera sensor, point and shoots is no match to DSLRs when it comes to image quality, even with more megapixels. A DSLR camera typically has a much bigger sensor than a point-and-shoot camera, resulting in less noise (the grain you typically see in a picture), faster speeds and much better overall image quality.

Well, I am ready for handling the occasional time-consuming maintenance procedure. Ok so!

Canon or Nikon?

What features should I look for? Smiley

I have set myself a budget for my purchase early on. Now I just need to decide which DSLR camera should I get for my kind of photography?

Aghhh! *grabbing a dice and throw it!*

UPDATE: Here's my new DSLR camera!

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:31 AM

>:o >:o

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:32 AM

morning te mon!

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:32 AM

yay!!! DSLRs here! :-D :-D :-D :-D

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:34 AM

i vote for Nikon! ;) ;) ;) ;)

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:36 AM

nikon D3X..if am not mistaken, it's the latest of nikon..and has the highest,by far, resolution.

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:37 AM

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:38 AM

am a bit bias..LOL! dunno much with canon coz i have no cams from them..i always go either sony or nikon.. :D

gagay said... @ 1/4/11 11:40 AM

=-X =-X =-X =-X =-X

Shemah said... @ 1/4/11 12:15 PM

My cousin is a Sarawakian journalist and she was recently trained by a award winning Reuters journalist and she told me that she goes for Canon all the way. Canon just came up with this incredible low light technology (or so I heard) so it would definitely give you some head way in night photography. I have no friggin idea when it comes to cameras or photography, all I know is based on hear say. :) hahahah..

A lot of people tend to go with camera that have high megapixel/resolution...yes, it captures more detail but if you're not planning to print out your pics into huge ass size pictures, then I don't think you need to go for more than 10 megapixels even. Sometimes you're just paying for pixels that you don't actually need. And high resolution cameras with lousy lens can produce a bunch of bad pixels also. But then again, what do I know, right? :)

And I'm sure by buying a DSLR you'll be in this for the long haul collecting and buying lens, etc, right? So you should know that Canon has a broader and more extensive selection of lens compared to Nikon or most manufacturers. Not that I'm saying they don't have good lens it's just that Canon has a more extensive range. That's something my late dad told me. :) :) He had a passion and talent for photography that I didn't inherit. LMAO!

Shutter speed, aperture, ISO settings, all those are lost on me. I don't envy you the headache of choosing!! hahaha just let us know when you actually get one okay? :)

Shemah said... @ 1/4/11 12:18 PM

LMAO!!! For someone who doesn't know head or tail, i sure did say a lot!! Going to shut up now. hahahahahaahahah

Mariuca said... @ 1/4/11 3:41 PM

:-D :-D :-D :-D

LadyJava said... @ 1/4/11 3:41 PM

Mariuca said... @ 1/4/11 3:41 PM

Morning Monica! I hope u had a good sleep last night! ;) ;)

Mariuca said... @ 1/4/11 3:42 PM

Hmmmmmm I'm not sure Canon or nikon... both brands pun never used before so I am guessing both are equally good. I guess it depends on the price also and what exact features u are looking for. I think I would go for the one with the better features and between those two, I am sure one is better than the other. So go for that one.... :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 1/4/11 3:43 PM

TGIF sweetie, my RM PB cancelled edi ha ha told ya I think tak sempat.. but it's okay la, TGIF! :* :* :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 1/4/11 3:43 PM

Wow Shemah.... ur comment can be turned into a post! =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O

Shemah said... @ 1/4/11 3:56 PM

Hahaha i wanted to break it down to 5 comments but too lazy. LMAO! Can or not?

LadyJava said... @ 1/4/11 4:03 PM

I am point and shoot kinda gal Mon.. and I dont like big big.. how to be glamour2 like that.. hehe

tekkaus said... @ 1/4/11 11:34 PM

Thought you already bought it? :p

tekkaus said... @ 1/4/11 11:34 PM

I would LOVE to have one too Mon. :D But...well...no money.

tekkaus said... @ 1/4/11 11:35 PM

How to choose? Simple....we surely want the best right? the more expensive the better it is. :p

David said... @ 2/4/11 5:23 PM

Canon Canon Eos 350 Digital Rebel ;)

kendra said... @ 3/4/11 1:59 AM

Discover great updates recommended and reviewed by the community from tech related to lifestyle and traveling at Kendra Bing.

Also, grab the opportunity to promote your blog postings at http://kendrabing.com for FREE while being discovered by whole lot of other like-minded people. On top of that, any of your interesting posting will stay longer on the frontpage thus achieving better audience-exposure in the long run.

Kendra Bing is the perfect portal for the right source and inspiration for your next blog posting with its massive influx of the freshest and juiciest writing materials.

JOIN today!

Life Ramblings said... @ 4/4/11 4:34 PM

you can never go wrong with canon or nikon. i think both image qualities are magnificent. anyway, glad you bought canon.