If you don't know what Cinco de Mayo is, it means "Fifth of May" in Spanish and is a festival of Mexican pride and heritage in the United States. To be very honest, I didn't know what it meant until recently and, according to many people, it is more of a U.S. holiday than a Mexican one. Celebrations include not only wonderful Mexican foods, but also parades, mariachi music, and folk dancing!
Well, if you are looking for key celebration ideas, search no further. This May, Busy Philipps, the fun-loving star of ABC’s hit comedy Cougar Town, teamed up with Pepto-Bismol to help raise piñata-smashing awareness and offered tips on how to have a great fiesta no matter where you are...
1. Enlist your musician friend to play mariachi music at your party.
2. Host a “Guac-off” in your office between coworkers who insist they have the best recipes.
3. Referee a Chihuahua race at your local dog park.
4. Buy a handful of sombreros and teach your friends the Mexican hat dance.
5. Keep the Pepto-Bismol on hand, in case those extra nachos do you over.
Busy Philipps loves Cinco, and that is clear from her Pepto-Bismol’s Cinco de Mayo Piñata smash online. If you haven't already, check out their favorite “smashing” option which involves her and an extremely well oiled boy toy. Oh, she definitely does not make it easy for him!
Happy Cinco de Mayo, have fun and enjoy your tortillas, enchiladas, tacos and margaritas!