Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#1 Me and my suitcase

As planned, we started our journey at 10.30pm on Thursday (14 October) and we arrived at Mersing before 4am on Friday morning. From Mersing jetty, we took the first ferry, which left around 7am to Tioman Island!

Tioman Island belongs to the state of Pahang but many people including me mistaken that this island belongs to Johor due to the gateway jetty is in Mersing, a small coastal town in the state of Johor.

#2 Mersing Jetty

#3

#4

Around 6am, I was surprised as the jetty was full of people! More and more people arrived, including tourists and a few groups of divers.

#5

#6 My luggage tag

Ferry Charges RM45 per adult per way and the ride takes about 2 hours (depending on sea conditions) to arrive at Tioman though it'll depend on which stop you're visiting, Tekek village was our choice.

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

For ferries coming from Mersing, Tekek is the third stop after Genting and Paya. Yes, the ferry will stop at Genting, Paya, Tekek, Air Batang, and Salang in that order.

#12 Ferry
The ferry was well equipped with air-conditioning and video facilities. Smiley

#13

#14

#15 Tekek Village Jetty

#16

#17

#18

#19

#20

#21

#22

It was a gorgeous sunny day when we arrived at Tekek Village. We didn't know quite what to expect, but we were eagerly looking forward to checking out the island and the chalet that we've booked prior to our arrival!

Oh, by the way, Ralph read my previous post and he asked me, "Are you sure we took more than 500 pictures?"

"Hmmm, you mean it's less than 500?"

"It's more than 800!"

That's insane, I know.

LadyJava said... @ 20/10/11 12:39 AM

:* :* :*

LadyJava said... @ 20/10/11 12:47 AM

very wise to leave at night and arrive in the morning just in time for the early ferry dearie.. i always say, get there fast, and then you take it slow :)

eh what else to do in TIoman except to lie on the beach eh? me love beach but also like other activities

oh love the shot of that water.. looks sooo inviting...

hahahaha.... more than 800.. nolah where go insane.. must take a lot of photos mah.. lol!

Mariuca said... @ 20/10/11 6:58 AM

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Mariuca said... @ 20/10/11 6:58 AM

Morning Monica, rise and shine! :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 20/10/11 6:58 AM

Wow I love la pic #7! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mariuca said... @ 20/10/11 6:59 AM

Loving all ur pics so far, esp the ginomous ones, wow.. come to life! :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 20/10/11 7:00 AM

Ohhh 2 hours ferry ride eh? Lama jugak..I think it would be a scary ride for me because I am afraid of water... :( :-P :-P

Shemah said... @ 20/10/11 8:48 AM

Hey Mon!!

I pula thought the other way around. I know that Tioman is part of Pahang but didn't know you had to go to Mersing jetty to get there! silly me! LOL! Nice strategy you guys got there.. leaving late and arriving early just plenty of time to catch the first ferry!

Loooove being around water.. ;) it's just so gorgeous! and I looooove the pictures! They sure do come to life, like Marzie said!

:) I'm so used to my sister being a camera fiend.. if we go out or she goes out with her friends for dinner, she'll come back with more than 300 photos... for just a night out. I don't understand it. How does she do it also I don't know.. But oh well.. she's like my late dad. My late dad was like that too. So 800 would be considered normal, for a weekend trip?

Btw, I put up my childhood photos on my blog if you wanna check it out! hahaha it's a couple of posts before the sick buddy post, though. :)

Caroline Ng May Ling said... @ 20/10/11 8:55 AM

:* :* :*

Caroline Ng May Ling said... @ 20/10/11 8:55 AM

morning dearie!! wakey wakey!!! =-X =-X

Caroline Ng May Ling said... @ 20/10/11 8:55 AM

hahah! ok i also thought it was Johor kay!! :-[ :-[ :-[

Caroline Ng May Ling said... @ 20/10/11 8:56 AM

looks lovely! the clear water just tempt me now!! >:o >:o >:o

*Michael said... @ 21/10/11 12:20 PM

Yo! :* :* :*

*Michael said... @ 21/10/11 12:21 PM

Monica, how are you?!!!

*Michael said... @ 21/10/11 12:22 PM

It has been a very long time since I chat with you. Looks like everything is very good to you :)

*Michael said... @ 21/10/11 12:22 PM

I have not been to Tioman for more than 10 years, things had changed and now it looks modern ;)

*Michael said... @ 21/10/11 12:26 PM

I hope I will return soon to Tioman.

Bella Enveeus said... @ 24/10/11 12:39 AM

The luggage tag is so cute.. Pink some more! Oh wow so beautiful the water.. Haha more than 800 photos? Fuh! How to go through all that? :-D

Janine Foo said... @ 20/5/12 3:55 PM

Such nice pictures. It looks like you really had a good time.

I used to go to Tioman with my boyfriend, but the ferries were full the last few times, so we stopped going since 2008.

Then last month I spotted that ferry tickets can also be bought in advance so we bought 2 tickets and stayed in Condotel @ Berjaya Suites. So nice. We went snorkeling too, you too right?

It's nice to have Tioman so close to us, just a few hours by bus and the the short ferry hop. We're going again this June, school holidays, woohoo, can't wait :)

Cheers.