Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The island is not only scattered with various resorts, but also restaurants/cafes/food stalls that sell a variety of food. Malay food is overwhelmingly the main cuisine in Tioman, reflecting the island's demographics.

#1

#2

Well, I don't remember the names of all the restaurants/cafes/food stalls we went to and the exact prices of our dishes, but overall, the food was really delicious! Smiley

However, I found the popularity of Tioman Island as a tourist destination has caused the cost of dining in restaurants to skyrocket through the roof, which is ludicrous considering that Tioman is a countryside village surrounded by bounty from the sea!

#3 Close to the Tekek Village jetty, there were several Malay food stalls could be found selling mostly local dishes.

#4

There was a Chinese seafood restaurant called "Chinese Sarang Seafood" located near to the place we stayed. I was told this is the cheapest Chinese restaurant (which is still nowhere, what you would consider reasonable back on the mainland) in Tioman.

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10 Judging from the crowd, the food stall opposite the jetty was definitely a clear favorite.

#11

#20

#21

#22 Dinner on the beach

#23

#24

#25

Some of the chalets and resorts also provide breakfast, so if it's free flow of coffee and toast, then by all means, feast on it.

#26

#27 My favorite treat was eating breakfast overlooking the infinity of blue sea!

#28

There's nothing more spectacular than that.

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 4:11 AM

8-) 8-) 8-)

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 4:14 AM

How pricey is the food? I see the price list here, RM6 for fried rice, not so bad... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 4:15 AM

I also want to eat "breakfast overlooking the infinity of blue sea"! Is that my fave NL? I want! Hungry la now actually and there is nothing to eat at home...sad... :( :( :( :(

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 4:15 AM

Love your first pic, so colourful! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 4:16 AM

Yay got the chop woo hoo! Dropping EC for meows now, see ya! :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 10:25 PM

=-O =-O =-O =-O =-O New header!

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 10:29 PM

I love your new look TUO, definitely defines you more - the photographer, food lover and fashionista in you, wowie! Impressed la me you can create your own header, loving the new look here! :* :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 3/11/11 10:31 PM

Yay me, first to view ha ha ... me too contemplating new header for meows cause now I have 4 meows, current header not showing Pablo! :-D :-D :-D :-D

LadyJava said... @ 3/11/11 11:43 PM

First thing first.... I LOVE the new header dearie.. well done.. and it is sooo you!

LadyJava said... @ 3/11/11 11:43 PM

Secondly the pictures are awesome.. am hungry just looking at those food...lol!

Bill said... @ 3/11/11 11:53 PM

Wow you go to some awesome places Monica. Would love to travel to all the places you go. Great food , great view also. Your header rocks my friend. You did a awesome job. ;) :*

Bluedreamer said... @ 9/11/11 7:18 AM

first of all... I love your shots.. you have captured every single details and it's very clear to me yay!

Bluedreamer said... @ 9/11/11 7:19 AM

we'll be hitting a resort by the end of December too woohoo so excited for it

Bluedreamer said... @ 9/11/11 7:19 AM

love all the dishes actually most especially the omelet.. yum yum

Ane said... @ 9/11/11 11:54 AM

Okay, so I know I haven't been here in soooo loooong cause you changed your header and I've only noticed now.. :P

Ane said... @ 9/11/11 11:55 AM

I absolutely love the beach but sad that I haven't been to one in about 4 years I think.. :'(

Ane said... @ 9/11/11 11:55 AM

I love the picture of the beach Mon, great view, breath taking, it's one of the reasons why I love the beach, because of its beautiful and breath taking scenes.. :)

Ane said... @ 9/11/11 11:57 AM

I want to try Malay food! :D I know what you mean about prices being high on places with good tourism, it's not fair really..

Bryan said... @ 18/1/12 7:10 PM

Great pix! Someone's been having an awesome time in Tioman :)

Just a quick note to repeat Tioman visitors, or those wishing to go there in the future.

Since we go to Tioman quite regularly, we're seeing more and more travellers, especially from overseas, arriving at the Mersing jetty too late to catch their ferry, because it's full.

I think the reasons are:

1) The recent popularity boom Tioman has been enjoying.
2) The recent rule prohibiting passengers from sitting on the ferry sun-deck.
3) All other ferry types have discontinued, including the fast-ferries and the slow ferries, as well as the catamaran from Singapore

All this rhas esulted in a higher chance of passengers left stranded during the busy holiday spells and weekends.

In light of this, my advice to those who've booked a Tioman resort, or want to go to Tioman during the weekend or a public holiday: book your ferry tickets in advance so you won't need to worry about being stranded at the departure jetty due to the ferry for that day being already full.

You can get tickets from the ferry operators direct, Blue Water, or from http://www.tiomanferry.com/