Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In the wink of an eye, Christmas day has come and gone for another year and I hope yours was wonderful, filled with love and laughter, and of course yummy and delicious food!

#1 @ The Smokehouse Hotel

#2

As planned, we spent the entire Christmas weekend in Cameron Highlands with our friends this year.

#3

The weather was super cold and windy at night! *shivering* I had two layers on top but obviously, I need to wear a lot more layers than that to keep me toasty warm.

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9 Located on the Titiwangsa Range at 5000ft (1500m) above sea level, the temperature here can drop to 16˚C at night.

#10 A misty view of the lush green valley

#11

#12 A view of the Sungai Palas Tea Plantation

#13 A cafe where you can sip tea while looking out over the lush plantations below

The last time Ralph and I came here was about 4 or 5 years ago. Well, not much has changed, apart from the prospect of huge traffic jams due to the Christmas holidays! Despite the long and tiring journey, we had a great time together and the views of the tea plantation were amazing as always.

#14

#15 Traffic congestion in Tanah Rata, the main town of Cameron Highlands

#16 A crowded restaurant

So, the best time to visit Cameron Highlands is during the off-peak season. We left Cameron Highlands on Monday night, reached home at 3am on Tuesday morning and I slept all day!

Okay, I'll post more photos as soon as I finish all my pending tasks.

Three more days to a new year, how and where will you be welcoming 2012?

LadyJava said... @ 28/12/11 1:07 PM

8-) 8-) 8-)

LadyJava said... @ 28/12/11 1:10 PM

I can just imagine how cold it was for you dearie coz down here at my area the wind was non stop.. though no rain was involved..

LadyJava said... @ 28/12/11 1:11 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and R... this year as always low key for us lah..

LadyJava said... @ 28/12/11 1:13 PM

eh the snow falling on some of the pictures with dark background looks very nice... like real snow like that.. love it!

Bella Enveeus said... @ 28/12/11 1:58 PM

Hi Mon!!
So nice celebrate Christmas a "cold" place.. Then can have the Christmassy feel more..
Love love love all the lights at night!! Wahhh so bright!

Bella Enveeus said... @ 28/12/11 2:13 PM

I am probably going out for a light dinner with Bbunz on New Year's Eve.. Just can't go anywhere far.. Car is wrecked and my body half wrecked also.. :-( Need to recuperate first

Mariuca said... @ 28/12/11 3:23 PM

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Mariuca said... @ 28/12/11 3:23 PM

Yay welcome home Monica! :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 28/12/11 3:24 PM

Ohhhh CH... I haven't been to CH in years! So nice la the cold 'snowy' weather there ha ha.. :-P :-P :-P

Mariuca said... @ 28/12/11 3:25 PM

Want to see ur hotel room later and I see your hair edi, superb! Just in time for Christmas, ho ho ho! :* :* :* :*

Mariuca said... @ 28/12/11 3:26 PM

Glad u had a little me time with your R and Merry Christmas again sweetie! :* :* :* :*

31Amber_:) said... @ 28/12/11 10:42 PM

Beautiful photos. Coming over from the blog hop. These photos put you right there in them. Pretty neat.

Bluedreamer said... @ 28/12/11 11:15 PM

Heya Mon... Wow... what a great effort for them to cover the entire trees with christmas lights... I'm sure you had a great Christmas Mon

Bluedreamer said... @ 28/12/11 11:18 PM

That high lands and views reminds me of our Tagaytay and Banawe Rice terraces ... Those are pretty cool places here in the Philippines you must ionclude it in your list if you wish to visit our country hehe

Bluedreamer said... @ 28/12/11 11:19 PM

those house are more like Western houses to me .. don't yah think?

Bluedreamer said... @ 28/12/11 11:19 PM

have a great day and Happy blogging my friend :) :) :)

Bill said... @ 29/12/11 1:04 AM

I am glad to here you had a good time Monica. Love the pics it looks like a very beautiful place there. I could tell in was cold there because you were wearing stocking under your shorts LOL. As far as new year I think i will be spending it with the wife and a friends house. I hope you have a great news years eve my friend :* 8-)

Shemah said... @ 1/1/12 1:15 AM

Hey Mon!!!

Wuaahh thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures! ooooh the lights and the weather.. definitely giving off a very Christmassy vibe indeed!! :) My family and I ended up spending Christmas at Sutera Harbour's karaoke lounge.. hahahaha until I lost my voice croaking all night. LOL! but I enjoyed myself! and that's what matters, right?

I'm back in KL now ushering the new year.. so dropped by to say Happy New Year to you and Ralph!! (hopefully this is your first comment of 2012!!) hahahaahah ;) Hope you have a wonderful 2012!! ;)